The 2024 Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics goes to Simon Brendle for transformative contributions to differential geometry, including sharp geometric inequalities, many results on Ricci flow and mean curvature flow and the Lawson conjecture on minimal tori in the 3-sphere.
The 2024 New Horizons in Mathematics Prize goes to
- Roland Bauerschmidt for outstanding contributions to probability theory and the development of renormalisation group techniques.
- Michael Groechenig for contributions to the theory of rigid local systems and applications of p-adic integration to mirror symmetry and the fundamental lemma.
- Angkana Rüland for contributions to applied analysis, in particular the analysis of microstructure in solid-solid phase transitions and the theory of inverse problems.
The 2024 Maryam Mirzakhani New Frontiers Prize goes to
- Hannah Larson for advances in Brill-Noether theory and the geometry of the moduli space of curves.
- Laura Monk for advancing our understanding of random hyperbolic surfaces of large genus.
- Mayuko Yamashita for contributions to mathematical physics, index theory.